DennisLeeWilson
2014-October-25 08:35:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Click here for my public PGP key   Google Translate   Wikipedia Comparison of Language Translator programs   I use Firefox browser & add-on called "Google Translator for Firefox"
“I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past.” ~Thomas Jefferson
“Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge has its limitations, while imagination has no limits.” ~Albert Einstein
I love Arizona, I loathe its intrusive governments, especially the City of Phoenix.

Brainstorming!! Give it a try!   Subject Index to my Published Articles
Creative Commons vs Copyright Notice  Disclaimer

Donations? Hell, NO!*

Because robo-spammers outnumber real people by 20 to 1, you MUST register to post AND your membership MUST be approved.
SEND EMAIL with YOUR comments or a posting to Admin (at) DennisLeeWilson.com to prove that you are NOT an automaton.
Sure. It is a bother. But you only have to do it once to become a member. And you don't have to wade thru the spam.

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Call Me an Abolitionist, Please*  (Read 1637 times)
DennisLeeWilson
Creator of this site
Administrator
Forum/Blog Owner

Existence exists & Man's mind can know it.

WWW Email
« on: 2008-December-28 06:26:39 PM »

Call Me an Abolitionist, Please*
http://dennisleewilson.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php?topic=106.msg257#msg257

I make my views about "anarchy" and "anarchist" explicit in my TLE letter  More on " A personal journey… "

• I do not see myself or define myself in terms of negatives, such as things that I am against. Rather, I define myself by positives, by what I am for, what I advocate. I place very little importance on being known as an anarchist or an atheist. Both “an-archist” and “a-theist” are--by definition--negative positions in their respective fields and I prefer to emphasize positives. Being against Statism does not automatically make a person in favor of freedom nor provide the knowledge needed to be free, nor the structure of a free society.

• I am not so much an atheist as I am an advocate of reason, and I am not so much an anarchist as I am an advocate of the Covenant of Unanimous Consent. As it happens, being an advocate of reason and of the Covenant also fits within the definitions of atheist and anarchist, but not all atheists are rational or even pretend to be, and not all anarchists are Signatories to the Covenant of Unanimous Consent or even want to be.

However, I have recently had my mind changed by Glen Allport regarding using and defending the term "anarchist". In an article at Strike the Root, dated 2006-Dec-18, (which was finally called to my attention 2 years later) he presents an EXCELLENT CASE for choosing another term to describe my general political position (which, of course, is broader than my specific political position which is Signatory: Covenant of Unanimous Consent).

Perhaps he can change your mind also. His article is at http://www.strike-the-root.com/62/allport/allport4.html

Henceforth, Call Me an Abolitionist, Please**

Dennis Wilson
Signatory: Covenant of Unanimous Consent

*All due respects to Glen Allport and his article with the same title.

** Going one step "beyond" abolitionist (because abolition IS--in reality--a negative position), I arrived at Agorism which is a positive position in that it describes interpersonal relationships and a manner of living  that is compatible with the Covenant of Unanimous Consent.

Dennis

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agorism
« Last Edit: 2013-May-12 09:47:43 PM by DennisLeeWilson » Logged

Objectivist & Sovereign Individual
Creator of Atlas Shrugged Celebration Day & Artemis Zuna Trading Post
Signatory: Covenant of Unanimous Consent
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: