DennisLeeWilson
2014-October-25 02:09:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Click here for my public PGP key   Google Translate   Wikipedia Comparison of Language Translator programs   I use Firefox browser & add-on called "Google Translator for Firefox"
“I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past.” ~Thomas Jefferson
“Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge has its limitations, while imagination has no limits.” ~Albert Einstein
I love Arizona, I loathe its intrusive governments, especially the City of Phoenix.

Brainstorming!! Give it a try!   Subject Index to my Published Articles
Creative Commons vs Copyright Notice  Disclaimer

Donations? Hell, NO!*

Because robo-spammers outnumber real people by 20 to 1, you MUST register to post AND your membership MUST be approved.
SEND EMAIL with YOUR comments or a posting to Admin (at) DennisLeeWilson.com to prove that you are NOT an automaton.
Sure. It is a bother. But you only have to do it once to become a member. And you don't have to wade thru the spam.

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [2006-09-10] “More arguments for Open Borders—...from... Hans-Hermann Hoppe  (Read 2374 times)
DennisLeeWilson
Creator of this site
Administrator
Forum/Blog Owner

Existence exists & Man's mind can know it.

WWW Email
« on: 2008-November-21 03:21:53 PM »

[2006-09-10]“More arguments for Open Borders—this time (unbeknownst to him) from the pen of Hans-Hermann Hoppe!”
http://dennisleewilson.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php?topic=16.msg58#msg58

http://www.ncc-1776.org/tle2006/tle384-20060910-01.html#letter7

Letter from Dennis Wilson

More arguments FOR Open Borders—this time (unbeknownst to him) from the pen of Hans-Hermann Hoppe!

In conjunction with the views I expressed in previous articles, supporting the libertarian Non Aggression Principle and Open Borders, I was recently reading "Secession, the State, and the Immigration Problem"[1] by Hans-Hermann Hoppe wherein he attempts to justify a rejection of the libertarian view of freedom of travel and open borders.

In an otherwise excellent article, there is a fatal flaw in his logic, just before he presents his conclusion that "the moral status of public property as expropriated private property" is "sufficient grounds for rejecting the open border proposal". Emphasis added.

• "Public property is the result of state-government confiscations—of legislative expropriations and/or taxation—of originally privately owned property. While the state does not recognize anyone as its private owner, all of government controlled public property has in fact been brought about by the tax-paying members of the domestic public. Austrians, Swiss, and Italians, in accordance with the amount of taxes paid by each citizen, have funded the Austrian, Swiss, and Italian public property. Hence, they must be considered its legitimate owners. Foreigners have not been subject to domestic taxation and expropriation; hence, they cannot be assumed to have any rights regarding Austrian, Swiss or Italian public property."

"The recognition of the moral status of public property as expropriated private property is not only sufficient grounds for rejecting the open border proposal. It is equally important for combating the present semi-open "affirmative action" immigration policies of the Western welfare states."

If I am a legitimate owner of the public property in the U.S., then I have a say in how it is used and I want unrestricted access! I cannot trade with people who are excluded from reaching my property, especially "foreigners". As a legitimate owner of the "public property", and of private property within the territory commonly known as the United States, I issue a standing, open invitation to any and all individuals in the world to use the "public" property of which I am a legitimate owner! Furthermore, I know of other legitimate owners of this public property in the U.S. who hold the same view.

Mr Hoppe's argument is sufficient grounds for ENFORCING open borders!

Dennis Wilson
DennisLeeWilson@Yahoo.com
Signatory: Covenant of Unanimous Consent

[1] http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig/hermann-hoppe3.html
The quoted paragraphs from Hoppe's article are the last part of paragraph 6 and all of paragraph 7 in section V.

Creative Commons

Attribution Share Alike
« Last Edit: 2011-December-25 08:34:48 PM by DennisLeeWilson » Logged

Objectivist & Sovereign Individual
Creator of Atlas Shrugged Celebration Day & Artemis Zuna Trading Post
DennisLeeWilson
Creator of this site
Administrator
Forum/Blog Owner

Existence exists & Man's mind can know it.

WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: 2009-February-12 12:29:40 AM »

On a discussion group, in response to the question

• "Now, how do we satisfy the very legitimate concerns of (y)our fellow taxpayers who
    A) paid for the same roadways, and
    B) don't want them here?"

"Zack Bass" rightly pointed out the following:

• "We all get to use the Road; no one gets a Veto."

After all, using roads for travel *IS* why roads are constructed!! Put gates at your driveway if you want to block off your private property!
« Last Edit: 2009-February-12 09:20:20 AM by DennisLeeWilson » Logged

Objectivist & Sovereign Individual
Creator of Atlas Shrugged Celebration Day & Artemis Zuna Trading Post
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: