DennisLeeWilson
2017-August-18 09:20:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Click here for my public PGP key   Google Translate   Wikipedia Comparison of Language Translator programs   I use Firefox browser & add-on called "Google Translator for Firefox"
“I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past.” ~Thomas Jefferson
“Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge has its limitations, while imagination has no limits.” ~Albert Einstein
I love Arizona, I loathe its intrusive governments, especially the City of Phoenix.

“The 'Greatest Generation' is the one that ABOLISHED the USA military draft.”
~Dennis Wilson, Arizona writer

Brainstorming!! Give it a try!   Subject Index to my Published Articles
Creative Commons vs Copyright Notice  Disclaimer

Donations? Hell, NO!*

Because robo-spammers outnumber real people by 20 to 1, you MUST register to post AND your membership MUST be approved.
SEND EMAIL with YOUR comments or a posting to Admin (at) DennisLeeWilson.com to prove that you are NOT an automaton.
Sure. It is a bother. But you only have to do it once to become a member. And you don't have to wade thru the spam.

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The ‘Greatest Generation’  (Read 19836 times)
DennisLeeWilson
Creator of this site
Administrator
Forum/Blog Owner

Existence exists & Man's mind can know it.

WWW Email
« on: 2015-April-04 04:59:03 PM »

The ‘Greatest Generation’
+ Disqus Comments
Links to this article: ‘ ’  “ ”  ' '  " "
http://tinyurl.com/THE-Greatest-Generation
http://dennisleewilson.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php?topic=713.msg1751#msg1751

Publication history:
THE LIBERTARIAN ENTERPRISE Number 817, April 12, 2015  
http://ncc-1776.org/tle2015/tle817-20150412-03.html

“The ‘Greatest Generation’* is the one that
ABOLISHED the USA military draft.”

~Dennis Wilson

The ‘Greatest Generation’ is the one that ABOLISHED the Involuntary Military Servitude (Military Conscription), imposed by the USA Government. Conscription SHOULD have been EXPLICITLY FORBIDDEN in the Bill of Rights. The ‘Greatest Generation’ accomplished what the Founding Fathers overlooked.

The ‘Greatest Generation’ lived both inside and outside of the USA military, during and after the undeclared and illegal Vietnam War. It takes an incredible amount of courage to stand up to the government that claims to own you--and they did it and they won! Sadly, the generations that followed and benefited the most, have FAILED TO ACKNOWLEDGE this achievement and have instead glorified the murder, mayhem, blind obedience and outright gullibility of generations prior to Vietnam, especially those who allowed themselves to become needlessly entangled, by the USA government, in the two world wars of the 20th Century, and the undeclared and illegal war in Korea.

Because of the ‘Greatest Generation’, my children and your children (and perhaps even you!) were NOT threatened with the compulsory USA military slavery that I had to endure, and that more than 58,000 of my peers did not survive.

Because of the ‘Greatest Generation’--and in spite of continuous illegals wars--our children did not INVOLUNTARILY become just another soon-forgotten name on some weathered gravestone or a war monument in the District of Criminals. Instead, our children and their children have a REAL chance to “BE all that you can BE”.

You cannot “BE all that you can BE” when you are dead.

The ‘Ultimate Generation’ will be the one that completes the job started by the ‘Greatest Generation’.

The ‘Ultimate Generation’ will abolish the greatest scourge of mankind: Involuntary Civilian Servitude to Government**.

~Dennis Wilson

Having successfully survived military conscription, Mr. Wilson currently writes from Arizona where he fathered two sons and has two grandchildren. None of them has received a Notice of Military Conscription.

Memorial

John Filo’s Pulitzer Prize-winning photograph of Mary Ann Vecchio, a 14-year-old runaway
kneeling over the body of Jeffrey Miller minutes after he was shot by the Ohio National Guard.
On May 4th 1970, the Ohio National Guard wildly shot up the Ohio campus for protesting the illegal war in Cambodia.
Innocent bystanders who were not even part of the unarmed protesters were killed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kent_State_shootings

Muhammad Ali Risked It All When He Opposed The Vietnam War

http://tinyurl.com/Muhammad-Ali-big-win

Footnotes:

* Regarding the ‘Greatest Generation’: I offer NO apologies to Tom Brokaw. He named it first, but he got it terribly wrong!

** Government is an UN-necessary EVIL. It is the scourge of mankind. During the 20th Century, governments murdered more than 200 MILLION of THEIR OWN citizens. Governments have created a surplus of the least desirable things on earth—violence, destruction and dead human bodies.

See Government: The Scourge of Mankind
   and Security and Justice WITHOUT government
   and What *IS* The Bare Minimum...?
   for more details.

Links to these articles:
   http://tinyurl.com/Government-scourge
   http://tinyurl.com/Security-and-Justice
   http://tinyurl.com/The-Bare-Minimum

Post Script:

Draft Registration still exists.

[Note: the complete dialog leading to this Post Script is contained in the message following (scroll down) or  at this link.]

“...you are wrong. The draft is NOT abolished...EVERY male, at age 18, must register FOR SELECTIVE SERVICES”
Neale Osborn

Paying sales tax, social security tax, income tax, registering with multiple governments for driver’s license, marriage license, child birth, property ownership--and many more--are the tributes that Americans make to the many governments (national, state, county, city, parish, school district) that claim a portion of their lives. Registering for the military draft is just one of a thousand other paper cuts inflicted by government. And even without registration, military conscription was only a presidential signature away for Abe Lincoln--and it still is.

But there is a MAGNITUDE OF DIFFERENCE between THOSE government takings and that of having your chosen life plans, career, income stream, family dreams and chosen legal and moral obligations COMPLETELY STOPPED AND UPROOTED and being INVOLUNTARILY FORCED into military service--with the very real possibility of violent death. IT IS NOT A TRIVIAL DIFFERENCE!

The only thing that comes close is being unjustly seized and sentenced to prison.

I don’t know Mr Osborn’s age, but he writes with the naivety of a person who has never had HIS life plans interrupted, disrupted and force-ably changed by receiving a Notice of Military Conscription. For that, he is indebted to the ‘Greatest Generation’ whether he chooses to acknowledge that fact or to trivialize and ignore it.

Instead of implying that the ‘Greatest Generation’ did not do enough (because Registration still exists), perhaps he could offer some positive contribution toward what I called the ‘Ultimate Generation’.

Dennis Wilson
Signatory: Covenant of Unanimous Consent

URGENT UPDATE
The statists are coming for your kids, and the conditioning has already begun.

You’ve Been Warned – Calls for
Mandatory “National Service” for
Americans Aged 18-28 Have Begun

http://tinyurl.com/Draft-WARNING

MORE bad news!

The Cupcake Generation of Social Justice “Warriors” is leading the way back into total slavery. Instead of freeing men from the slavery of registering for the military draft, these Cupcakes are joining them in slavery!?!

It looks like the “Ultimate Generation” of which I wrote will have to wait a while longer.

http://tinyurl.com/Cupcake-Generation

« Last Edit: 2017-March-03 11:40:31 PM by DennisLeeWilson » Logged

Objectivist & Sovereign Individual
Creator of Atlas Shrugged Celebration Day & Artemis Zuna Trading Post
DennisLeeWilson
Creator of this site
Administrator
Forum/Blog Owner

WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: 2015-April-27 05:39:25 PM »

A response to my publication
Links to this page:
http://dennisleewilson.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php?topic=713.msg1752#msg1752

A response to my publication in The Libertarian Enterprise:

Note: all three letters were also addressed to the Editor at The Libertarian Enterprise. They have yet to be published.

Yellow highlights added....Dennis

From Neile Osborn
Regarding the greatest generation- it hasn't happened yet!

I'll start this off with a simple fact- I agree as to the disgusting nature of the draft. As Robert A. Heinlein said,

I also think there are prices too high to pay to save the United States. Conscription is one of them. Conscription is slavery, and I don't think that any people or nation has a right to save itself at the price of slavery for anyone, no matter what name it is called. We have had the draft for twenty years now; I think this is shameful. If a country can't save itself through the volunteer service of its own free people, then I say : Let the damned thing go down the drain!
Guest of Honor Speech at the 29th World Science Fiction Convention, Seattle, Washington (1961) (copied from WikiQuotes)

However, you are wrong. The draft is NOT abolished, it is not even prohibited. EVERY male, at age 18, must register FOR SELECTIVE SERVICES (a much cleaner phrase than Compulsory Military Service, or slavery, don'tcha think?) which IS the Draft. Failure to do so does many things. You can't get ANY educational loans, even non-government backed loans. You can't run for office, state, local, or federal. You cannot work for the government (NOT that I'd want to!) and there is more. But that really doesn't matter, does it? The fact is, while we are not CURRENTLY drafting American men to die, the entire apparatus is in place, ready to go with just a presidential signature. It doesn't even require a declaration of war. The Draft IS NOT GONE. In addition, it's very existence is an affirmation of the government's institutionalized sexism.

Women want equal rights, but none of them insist on the right to be enslaved by the government, do they? ALL these penalties can only be acquired by MEN. Women, by their feminine nature, are immune from these. (NO, I do not want my 10 year old daughter to be forced to register for it, instead I want ALL of my kids free of the looming specter).

So please, while I agree that the lowly draft dodger was neither lowly NOR a dodger, but instead a soldier for American freedom as dedicated as a minute man, I do NOT consider them "The Greatest Generation". Perhaps, ONE of the greatest generations, but not the greatest.

Neale Osborn

My reply:

"...you are wrong. The draft is NOT abolished...EVERY male, at age 18, must register FOR SELECTIVE SERVICES"
Neale Osborn

Paying sales tax, social security tax, income tax, registering with multiple governments for driver's license, marriage license, child birth, property ownership--and many more--are the tributes that Americans make to the many governments (national, state, county, city, parish, school district) that claim a portion of their lives. Registering for the military draft is just one of a thousand other paper cuts inflicted by government. And even without registration, military conscription was only a presidential signature away for Abe Lincoln--and it still is.

But there is a MAGNITUDE OF DIFFERENCE between THOSE government takings and that of having your chosen life plans, career, income stream, family dreams and chosen legal and moral obligations COMPLETELY STOPPED AND UPROOTED and being INVOLUNTARILY FORCED into military service--with the very real possibility of violent death. IT IS NOT A TRIVIAL DIFFERENCE!

The only thing that comes close is being unjustly seized and sentenced to prison.

I don't know Mr Osborn's age, but he writes with the naivety of a person who has never had HIS life plans interrupted, disrupted and force-ably changed by receiving a Notice of Military Conscription. For that, he is indebted to the 'Greatest Generation' whether he chooses to acknowledge that fact or to trivialize and ignore it.

Instead of implying that the 'Greatest Generation' did not do enough (because Registration still exists), perhaps he could offer some positive contribution toward what I called the 'Ultimate Generation'.

Dennis Wilson

Neale's reply:

Dennis- I think you took my reply poorly. I DO support the people who protested the draft, who dodged slavery by any means possible, the people who wound up killing the PEACETIME draft. My only point is, until it becomes Constitutionally impossible (we all know the Constitution doesn't count anymore, but..............) to enslave our youth, we haven't won the battle. I guess I should call them "The Greatest Generation To Date" and hope for yet another, greater generation to come. Having two young men registered for it, one of whom JUST registered last week upon reaching 18, I can't consider the draft eliminated as of yet.

BTW- 1-11-1964. And I was dumb enough to VOLUNTEER for the Navy in 1982. So I never got that "Greetings......." letter. I fear, however, that at that age, I would have gone without protest. I was raised, after all, a Republican. It's only AFTER reading "The Probability Broach" and "Starship Troopers" that I began to grow up. Then, "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress" put the final nail in my Republican coffin, and I underwent my sea change to Libertarian.

Please keep up the good work, Dennis.
Neale Osborn

« Last Edit: 2016-April-22 07:26:38 PM by DennisLeeWilson » Logged

DennisLeeWilson
Creator of this site
Administrator
Forum/Blog Owner

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: 2015-June-21 09:13:43 PM »

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED...
Links to this page:
http://tinyurl.com/Draft-WARNING
http://dennisleewilson.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php?topic=713.msg1756#msg1756

http://libertyblitzkrieg.com/2015/06/17/youve-been-warned-calls-for-mandatory-national-service-for-americans-aged-18-28-has-begun/

You’ve Been Warned – Calls for
Mandatory “National Service” for
Americans Aged 18-28 Has Begun

Michael Krieger | Posted Wednesday Jun 17, 2015 at 12:35 pm

War is a Racket

WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives.

A racket is best described, I believe, as something that is not what it seems to the majority of the people. Only a small “inside” group knows what it is about. It is conducted for the benefit of the very few, at the expense of the very many. Out of war a few people make huge fortunes.

– From Major General Smedley Butler’s War is a Racket

This is one of the most important articles I will write all year. The statists are coming for your kids, and the conditioning has already begun.

Last night, I came across one of the most horrifying articles I have ever read, which is saying a lot. Before I get into it, take a look at the title and the tagline:

How to Defeat ISIS With
Millennial Spirit and Service

Terrorism and other 21st-century challenges require sacrifice shared by all Americans

If you think the title is bad, wait until you read the article. What becomes evident is that this grotesque concept of forced “national service” is being actively discussed at the highest levels of government. What Ron Fournier is doing in his National Journal article is conditioning the public to accept something that is completely unacceptable.

Before we get to that, who is Ron Fournier? National Journal provides a bio:

• Ron Fournier is the Senior Political Columnist and Editorial Director of National Journal. Prior to joining NJ, he worked at the Associated Press for 20 years, most recently as Washington Bureau Chief. A Detroit native, Fournier began his career in Arkansas, first with the Hot Springs Sentinel-Record and then with the Arkansas Democrat and the AP, where he covered the state legislature and Gov. Bill Clinton. In January 1993, Fournier moved to Washington, where he covered the White House and presidential campaigns for the AP.

So basically, this guy covered Bill Clinton in Arkansas, moved to the District of Criminals after he was elected President, and now wants to convince you to subject your innocent children into mandatory service to a nation provably run by corrupt criminals and oligarchs.

It sure is some twisted notion of “shared sacrifice,” when those who had nothing to do with the disastrous choices made by the oligarchy are the ones who have to suffer the consequences.

Let’s now take this piece of Nazi-esque propaganda apart piece by piece. From the National Journal:

• I know a better way to fight ISIS. It starts with an idea that should appeal the better angels of both hawks and doves: National service for all 18- to 28-year-olds.

Require virtually every young American—the civic-minded millennial generation—to complete a year of service through programs such as Teach for America, AmeriCorps, the Peace Corps, or the U.S. military, and two things will happen:

First of all, he confidently proclaims that this scheme will appeal to both hawks and doves. Based on what evidence? Let me provide some evidence against his argument based on a recent Rasmussen poll that 45% of U.S. Voters Concerned Government Will Use Military Training Exercises for Power Grab. Here’s an excerpt from the findings:

So the American public has no confidence in government, but somehow they are going to gladly line up to serve the corrupt oligarchy? Of course not, which is why people like Ron Fornier want to make it mandatory. Now back to the piece…

• 1. Virtually every American family will become intimately invested in the nation’s biggest challenges, including poverty, education, income inequality, and America’s place in a world afire.

2. Military recruiting will rise to meet threats posed by ISIS and other terrorist networks, giving more people skin in a very dangerous game.

This may seem like a radical plan until you compare it with two alternatives: the status quo, which clearly isn’t working, or a military draft, which might be the boldest and fairest way to wage the long war against Islamic extremists.

Notice how he offers us only three options, as if that is all the imaginative well of humanity is capable of coming up with. Forced national service, the status quo or a draft. Nowhere does he offer the logical alternative of say: stop preemptively invading and destroying countries for no reason (Iraq, Libya to name a few). Perhaps then idiotic foreign policy decisions won’t create ISIS in the first place.

This is an important lesson in how statists operate. They only offer you statist choices. Kind of like being forced to choose between a Clinton and a Bush for President.

• The Draft Act is highly unlikely to be law, given the nation’s post-Vietnam resistance to the mandatory military service and the relative success of an all-volunteer armed forces. Which leads me to the year-of-service plan: It stops far short of a draft while drawing on the ethos of communal sacrifice.

Notice how he cleverly started the piece by mentioning the Peace Corps, Teach for America, etc, and only listed the military at the end? Pure smoke and mirrors. His entire point is to push for mandatory military service. No one wants to fight any more unnecessary wars to boost corporate profits, and any statist worth his or her salt knows full well mandatory conscription will be necessary in order to maintain the power position and wealth of the status quo going forward.

Finally, just in case you think this is merely some hack journalist mouthing off, Mr. Fournier makes it clear that this is being discussed at the highest levels of government.

• I spoke about the concept with retired Gen. Stanley McChrystal, who commanded forces in Afghanistan and Iraq and now chairs the Franklin Project, part of the Aspen Institute that is trying to position a year of full-time national service—a service year—as a “cultural expectation, a common opportunity, and a civic rite of passage for every young American.” His logic tracks with mine.

Second, if this president or his successor gets serious about ISIS, McChrystal said the effort would require an international coalition and more U.S. troops. “Even if we didn’t need a draft” to drum up the required troops, McChrystal said, “I would argue we need a draft, because it forces national commitment.”

Forced national commitment to a government nobody believes in. Can’t wait to see how that works out.

• “A problem in America is we’ve let the concept of citizenship diminish into a series of gripes,” McChrystal told me. “One of the ways we can rebuild that sense of ownership, sense of shared ownership, is through experience, and so I believe that every young person deserves—I don’t think this is an onerous thing—deserves the experience of being part of something bigger than themselves.”

No General McChrystal, we have let the concept of democracy diminish into a corrupt, thieving oligarchy. In case you need proof: New Report from Princeton and Northwestern Proves It: The U.S. is an Oligarchy.

Furthermore, you don’t “rebuild ownership” by forcing citizens to serve an oligarchy they hate, you “rebuild ownership” by dismantling the oligarchy.

• Bowing to political realities in risk-averse Washington, the Franklin Project aims to make a service year a social expectation rather than a legal requirement. I would mandate it. So would McChrystal—if he had his way.

Statists gonna state.

• While ISIS and other terrorist groups are having no trouble recruiting suicide bombers, McChrystal said, Americans are struggling to redefine their national identity for the 21st century. “A year of service for young Americans would be a step,” he said. “Not a panacea, a step.”

This paragraph unintentionally says a lot. You want to fight an army of radical volunteers created by your own foreign policy crimes by forcing people who have no trust in their government to join the military? It’s an idea so stupid and destructive, only a rabid statist could conceive it.

Before concluding, I want to emphasize how dangerous this line of thinking is. It is precisely because I see these sorts of things coming down the road, that I do what I do with this website. The only way to stop statist plans like these is to win the war of ideas before they have a chance to dazzle you with their next bit of propaganda.

Stay vigilant and keep fighting.

For related articles, see:

Accusations Emerge That the U.S. Is Aiding ISIS – The Latest “Conspiracy Theory” Circulating in Iraq

Jeb Bush Exposed Part 1 – His Top Advisors Will Be the Architects of His Brother’s Iraq War

Paralyzed Iraq War Veteran Tomas Young Has Died – Here’s His Final Letter to George W. Bush and Dick Cheney

Leon Panetta, Head of Pentagon and C.I.A. Under Obama, Says Brace for 30 Year War with ISIS

The American Public: A Tough Soldier or a Chicken Hawk Cowering in a Cubicle? Some Thoughts on ISIS Intervention

In Liberty,
Michael Krieger

Like this post?
Donate bitcoins: 1LefuVV2eCnW9VKjJGJzgZWa9vHg7Rc3r1

« Last Edit: 2016-April-22 06:47:17 PM by DennisLeeWilson » Logged

DennisLeeWilson
Creator of this site
Administrator
Forum/Blog Owner

WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: 2015-December-23 01:05:22 PM »

The 239 Year Timeline Of America’s Involvement in Military Conflict 1776-2011
Links to this page:
http://tinyurl.com/Endless-WARS
http://dennisleewilson.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php?topic=713.msg1871#msg1871

http://www.loonwatch.com/2011/12/we-re-at-war-and-we-have-been-since-1776/
End these endless wars!

http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-239-year-timeline-of-americas-involvement-in-military-conflict/5497030

The 239 Year Timeline Of America’s Involvement in Military Conflict
1776-2011

By Isaac Davis

Global Research, December 20, 2015
Activist Post 18 December 2015
Region: USA
Theme: Culture, Society & History, US NATO War Agenda

I should welcome almost any war, for I think this country needs one. – President Theodore Roosevelt

The American public and the world have long since been warned of the dangers of allowing the military industrial complex to become such an integral part of our economic survival. The United States is the self-proclaimed angel of democracy in the world, but just as George Orwell warned, war is the health of the state, and in the language of newspeak, democracy is the term we use to hide the reality of the nature of our warfare state.

In truth, the United States of America has been engaged in some kind of war during 218 out of the nation’s total 239 years of existence. Put another way, in the entire span of US history, this country has only experienced 21 years without conflict. For a sense of perspective on this sobering statistic, consider these 4 facts about the history of US involvement in military conflict:

Pick any year since 1776 and there is about a 91% chance that America was involved in some war during that calendar year.
    No U.S. president truly qualifies as a peacetime president.  Instead, all U.S. presidents can technically be considered “war presidents.”
    The U.S. has never gone a decade without war.
    The only time the U.S. went five years without war (1935-40) was during the isolationist period of the Great Depression.

As the world moves closer and closer to an official beginning to world war III, and as many people are seeking opportunities to de-escalate the situation in the Middle East, it is important to realize that the US state and the American people are simply not equipped or conditioned to pursue and realize peace. War is indeed the health of our state.
Here is a year-by-year timeline of America’s involvement in military conflict, as compiled by Danios of Loonwatch.com. It is noted that this list is not exhaustive, but rather a compilation of events that fit the definition of ‘war,’ excluding acts of genocide and ethnic cleansing such as were carried out against Native American populations during the establishment of the empire, and also excluding foreign interventions by America’s covert security agencies such as the CIA:

Year-by-year Timeline of America’s Major Wars (1776-2011)

1776 – American Revolutionary War, Chickamagua Wars, Second Cherokee War, Pennamite-Yankee War

1777 – American Revolutionary War, Chickamauga Wars, Second Cherokee War, Pennamite-Yankee War

1778 – American Revolutionary War, Chickamauga Wars, Pennamite-Yankee War

1779 – American Revolutionary War, Chickamauga Wars, Pennamite-Yankee War

1780 – American Revolutionary War, Chickamauga Wars, Pennamite-Yankee War

1781 – American Revolutionary War, Chickamauga Wars, Pennamite-Yankee War

1782 – American Revolutionary War, Chickamauga Wars, Pennamite-Yankee War

1783 – American Revolutionary War, Chickamauga Wars, Pennamite-Yankee War

1784 – Chickamauga Wars, Pennamite-Yankee War, Oconee War

1785 – Chickamauga Wars, Northwest Indian War

1786 – Chickamauga Wars, Northwest Indian War

1787 – Chickamauga Wars, Northwest Indian War

1788 – Chickamauga Wars, Northwest Indian War

1789 – Chickamauga Wars, Northwest Indian War

1790 – Chickamauga Wars, Northwest Indian War

1791 – Chickamauga Wars, Northwest Indian War

1792 – Chickamauga Wars, Northwest Indian War

1793 – Chickamauga Wars, Northwest Indian War

1794 – Chickamauga Wars, Northwest Indian War

1795 – Northwest Indian War

1796 – No major war

1797 – No major war

1798 – Quasi-War

1799 – Quasi-War

1800 – Quasi-War

1801 – First Barbary War

1802 – First Barbary War

1803 – First Barbary War

1804 – First Barbary War

1805 – First Barbary War

1806 – Sabine Expedition

1807 – No major war

1808 – No major war

1809 – No major war

1810 – U.S. occupies Spanish-held West Florida

1811 – Tecumseh’s War

1812 – War of 1812, Tecumseh’s War, Seminole Wars, U.S. occupies Spanish-held Amelia Island and other parts of East Florida

1813 – War of 1812, Tecumseh’s War, Peoria War, Creek War, U.S. expands its territory in West Florida

1814 – War of 1812, Creek War, U.S. expands its territory in Florida, Anti-piracy war

1815 – War of 1812, Second Barbary War, Anti-piracy war

1816 – First Seminole War, Anti-piracy war

1817 – First Seminole War, Anti-piracy war

1818 – First Seminole War, Anti-piracy war

1819 – Yellowstone Expedition, Anti-piracy war

1820 – Yellowstone Expedition, Anti-piracy war

1821 – Anti-piracy war (see note above)

1822 – Anti-piracy war (see note above)

1823 – Anti-piracy war, Arikara War

1824 – Anti-piracy war

1825 – Yellowstone Expedition, Anti-piracy war

1826 – No major war

1827 – Winnebago War

1828 – No major war

1829 – No major war

1830 – No major war

1831 – Sac and Fox Indian War

1832 – Black Hawk War

1833 – Cherokee Indian War

1834 – Cherokee Indian War, Pawnee Indian Territory Campaign

1835 – Cherokee Indian War, Seminole Wars, Second Creek War

1836 – Cherokee Indian War, Seminole Wars, Second Creek War, Missouri-Iowa Border War

1837 – Cherokee Indian War, Seminole Wars, Second Creek War, Osage Indian War, Buckshot War

1838 – Cherokee Indian War, Seminole Wars, Buckshot War, Heatherly Indian War

1839 – Cherokee Indian War, Seminole Wars

1840 – Seminole Wars, U.S. naval forces invade Fiji Islands

1841 – Seminole Wars, U.S. naval forces invade McKean Island, Gilbert Islands, and Samoa

1842 – Seminole Wars

1843 – U.S. forces clash with Chinese, U.S. troops invade African coast

1844 – Texas-Indian Wars

1845 – Texas-Indian Wars

1846 – Mexican-American War, Texas-Indian Wars

1847 – Mexican-American War, Texas-Indian Wars

1848 – Mexican-American War, Texas-Indian Wars, Cayuse War

1849 – Texas-Indian Wars, Cayuse War, Southwest Indian Wars, Navajo Wars, Skirmish between 1st Cavalry and Indians

1850 – Texas-Indian Wars, Cayuse War, Southwest Indian Wars, Navajo Wars, Yuma War, California Indian Wars, Pitt River Expedition

1851 – Texas-Indian Wars, Cayuse War, Southwest Indian Wars, Navajo Wars, Apache Wars, Yuma War, Utah Indian Wars, California Indian Wars

1852 – Texas-Indian Wars, Cayuse War, Southwest Indian Wars, Navajo Wars, Yuma War, Utah Indian Wars, California Indian Wars

1853 – Texas-Indian Wars, Cayuse War, Southwest Indian Wars, Navajo Wars, Yuma War, Utah Indian Wars, Walker War, California Indian Wars

1854 – Texas-Indian Wars, Cayuse War, Southwest Indian Wars, Navajo Wars, Apache Wars, California Indian Wars, Skirmish between 1st Cavalry and Indians

1855 – Seminole Wars, Texas-Indian Wars, Cayuse War, Southwest Indian Wars, Navajo Wars, Apache Wars, California Indian Wars, Yakima War, Winnas Expedition, Klickitat War, Puget Sound War, Rogue River Wars, U.S. forces invade Fiji Islands and Uruguay

1856 – Seminole Wars, Texas-Indian Wars, Southwest Indian Wars, Navajo Wars, California Indian Wars, Puget Sound War, Rogue River Wars, Tintic War

1857 – Seminole Wars, Texas-Indian Wars, Southwest Indian Wars, Navajo Wars, California Indian Wars, Utah War, Conflict in Nicaragua

1858 – Seminole Wars, Texas-Indian Wars, Southwest Indian Wars, Navajo Wars, Mohave War, California Indian Wars, Spokane-Coeur d’Alene-Paloos War, Utah War, U.S. forces invade Fiji Islands and Uruguay

1859 Texas-Indian Wars, Southwest Indian Wars, Navajo Wars, California Indian Wars, Pecos Expedition, Antelope Hills Expedition, Bear River Expedition, John Brown’s raid, U.S. forces launch attack against Paraguay, U.S. forces invade Mexico

1860 – Texas-Indian Wars, Southwest Indian Wars, Navajo Wars, Apache Wars, California Indian Wars, Paiute War, Kiowa-Comanche War

1861 – American Civil War, Texas-Indian Wars, Southwest Indian Wars, Navajo Wars, Apache Wars, California Indian Wars, Cheyenne Campaign

1862 – American Civil War, Texas-Indian Wars, Southwest Indian Wars, Navajo Wars, Apache Wars, California Indian Wars, Cheyenne Campaign, Dakota War of 1862,

1863 – American Civil War, Texas-Indian Wars, Southwest Indian Wars, Navajo Wars, Apache Wars, California Indian Wars, Cheyenne Campaign, Colorado War, Goshute War

1864 – American Civil War, Texas-Indian Wars, Navajo Wars, Apache Wars, California Indian Wars, Cheyenne Campaign, Colorado War, Snake War

1865 – American Civil War, Texas-Indian Wars, Navajo Wars, Apache Wars, California Indian Wars, Colorado War, Snake War, Utah’s Black Hawk War

1866 – Texas-Indian Wars, Navajo Wars, Apache Wars, California Indian Wars, Skirmish between 1st Cavalry and Indians, Snake War, Utah’s Black Hawk War, Red Cloud’s War, Franklin County War, U.S. invades Mexico, Conflict with China

1867 – Texas-Indian Wars, Long Walk of the Navajo, Apache Wars, Skirmish between 1st Cavalry and Indians, Snake War, Utah’s Black Hawk War, Red Cloud’s War, Comanche Wars, Franklin County War, U.S. troops occupy Nicaragua and attack Taiwan

1868 – Texas-Indian Wars, Long Walk of the Navajo, Apache Wars, Skirmish between 1st Cavalry and Indians, Snake War, Utah’s Black Hawk War, Red Cloud’s War, Comanche Wars, Battle of Washita River, Franklin County War

1869 – Texas-Indian Wars, Apache Wars, Skirmish between 1st Cavalry and Indians, Utah’s Black Hawk War, Comanche Wars, Franklin County War

1870 – Texas-Indian Wars, Apache Wars, Skirmish between 1st Cavalry and Indians, Utah’s Black Hawk War, Comanche Wars, Franklin County War

1871 – Texas-Indian Wars, Apache Wars, Skirmish between 1st Cavalry and Indians, Utah’s Black Hawk War, Comanche Wars, Franklin County War, Kingsley Cave Massacre, U.S. forces invade Korea

1872 – Texas-Indian Wars, Apache Wars, Utah’s Black Hawk War, Comanche Wars, Modoc War, Franklin County War

1873 – Texas-Indian Wars, Comanche Wars, Modoc War, Apache Wars, Cypress Hills Massacre, U.S. forces invade Mexico

1874 – Texas-Indian Wars, Comanche Wars, Red River War, Mason County War, U.S. forces invade Mexico

1875 – Conflict in Mexico, Texas-Indian Wars, Comanche Wars, Eastern Nevada, Mason County War, Colfax County War, U.S. forces invade Mexico

1876 – Texas-Indian Wars, Black Hills War, Mason County War, U.S. forces invade Mexico

1877 – Texas-Indian Wars, Skirmish between 1st Cavalry and Indians, Black Hills War, Nez Perce War, Mason County War, Lincoln County War, San Elizario Salt War, U.S. forces invade Mexico

1878 – Paiute Indian conflict, Bannock War, Cheyenne War, Lincoln County War, U.S. forces invade Mexico

1879 – Cheyenne War, Sheepeater Indian War, White River War, U.S. forces invade Mexico

1880 – U.S. forces invade Mexico

1881 – U.S. forces invade Mexico

1882 – U.S. forces invade Mexico

1883 – U.S. forces invade Mexico

1884 – U.S. forces invade Mexico

1885 – Apache Wars, Eastern Nevada Expedition, U.S. forces invade Mexico

1886 – Apache Wars, Pleasant Valley War, U.S. forces invade Mexico

1887 – U.S. forces invade Mexico

1888 – U.S. show of force against Haiti, U.S. forces invade Mexico

1889 – U.S. forces invade Mexico

1890 – Sioux Indian War, Skirmish between 1st Cavalry and Indians, Ghost Dance War, Wounded Knee, U.S. forces invade Mexico

1891 – Sioux Indian War, Ghost Dance War, U.S. forces invade Mexico

1892 – Johnson County War, U.S. forces invade Mexico

1893 – U.S. forces invade Mexico and Hawaii

1894 – U.S. forces invade Mexico

1895 – U.S. forces invade Mexico, Bannock Indian Disturbances

1896 – U.S. forces invade Mexico

1897 – No major war

1898 – Spanish-American War, Battle of Leech Lake, Chippewa Indian Disturbances

1899 – Philippine-American War, Banana Wars

1900 – Philippine-American War, Banana Wars

1901 – Philippine-American War, Banana Wars

1902 – Philippine-American War, Banana Wars

1903 – Philippine-American War, Banana Wars

1904 – Philippine-American War, Banana Wars

1905 – Philippine-American War, Banana Wars

1906 – Philippine-American War, Banana Wars

1907 – Philippine-American War, Banana Wars

1908 – Philippine-American War, Banana Wars

1909 – Philippine-American War, Banana Wars

1910 – Philippine-American War, Banana Wars

1911 – Philippine-American War, Banana Wars

1912 – Philippine-American War, Banana Wars

1913 – Philippine-American War, Banana Wars, New Mexico Navajo War

1914 – Banana Wars, U.S. invades Mexico

1915 – Banana Wars, U.S. invades Mexico, Colorado Paiute War

1916 – Banana Wars, U.S. invades Mexico

1917 – Banana Wars, World War I, U.S. invades Mexico

1918 – Banana Wars, World War I, U.S invades Mexico

1919 – Banana Wars, U.S. invades Mexico

1920 – Banana Wars

1921 – Banana Wars

1922 – Banana Wars

1923 – Banana Wars, Posey War

1924 – Banana Wars

1925 – Banana Wars

1926 – Banana Wars

1927 – Banana Wars

1928 – Banana Wars

1930 – Banana Wars

1931 – Banana Wars

1932 – Banana Wars

1933 – Banana Wars

1934 – Banana Wars

1935 – No major war

1936 – No major war

1937 – No major war

1938 – No major war

1939 – No major war

1940 – No major war

1941 – World War II

1942 – World War II

1943 – Wold War II

1944 – World War II

1945 – World War II

1946 – Cold War (U.S. occupies the Philippines and South Korea)

1947 – Cold War (U.S. occupies South Korea, U.S. forces land in Greece to fight Communists)

1948 – Cold War (U.S. forces aid Chinese Nationalist Party against Communists)

1949 – Cold War (U.S. forces aid Chinese Nationalist Party against Communists)

1950 – Korean War, Jayuga Uprising

1951 – Korean War

1952 – Korean War

1953 – Korean War

1954 – Covert War in Guatemala

1955 – Vietnam War

1956 – Vietnam War

1957 – Vietnam War

1958 – Vietnam War

1959 – Vietnam War, Conflict in Haiti

1960 – Vietam War

1961 – Vietnam War

1962 – Vietnam War, Cold War (Cuban Missile Crisis; U.S. marines fight Communists in Thailand)

1963 – Vietnam War

1964 – Vietnam War

1965 – Vietnam War, U.S. occupation of Dominican Republic

1966 – Vietnam War, U.S. occupation of Dominican Republic

1967 – Vietnam War

1968 – Vietnam War

1969 – Vietnam War

1970 – Vietnam War

1971 – Vietnam War

1972 – Vietnam War

1973 – Vietnam War, U.S. aids Israel in Yom Kippur War

1974 – Vietnam War

1975 – Vietnam War

1976 – No major war

1977 – No major war

1978 – No major war

1979 – Cold War (CIA proxy war in Afghanistan)

1980 – Cold War (CIA proxy war in Afghanistan)

1981 – Cold War (CIA proxy war in Afghanistan and Nicaragua), First Gulf of Sidra Incident

1982 – Cold War (CIA proxy war in Afghanistan and Nicaragua), Conflict in Lebanon

1983 – Cold War (Invasion of Grenada, CIA proxy war in Afghanistan and Nicaragua), Conflict in Lebanon

1984 – Cold War (CIA proxy war in Afghanistan and Nicaragua), Conflict in Persian Gulf

1985 – Cold War (CIA proxy war in Afghanistan and Nicaragua)

1986 – Cold War (CIA proxy war in Afghanistan and Nicaragua)

1987 – Conflict in Persian Gulf

1988 – Conflict in Persian Gulf, U.S. occupation of Panama

1989 – Second Gulf of Sidra Incident, U.S. occupation of Panama, Conflict in Philippines

1990 – First Gulf War, U.S. occupation of Panama

1991 – First Gulf War

1992 – Conflict in Iraq

1993 – Conflict in Iraq

1994 – Conflict in Iraq, U.S. invades Haiti

1995 – Conflict in Iraq, U.S. invades Haiti, NATO bombing of Bosnia and Herzegovina

1996 – Conflict in Iraq

1997 – No major war

1998 – Bombing of Iraq, Missile strikes against Afghanistan and Sudan

1999 – Kosovo War

2000 – No major war

2001 – War on Terror in Afghanistan

2002 – War on Terror in Afghanistan and Yemen

2003 – War on Terror in Afghanistan, and Iraq

2004 – War on Terror in Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, and Yemen

2005 – War on Terror in Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, and Yemen

2006 – War on Terror in Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, and Yemen

2007 – War on Terror in Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, Somalia, and Yemen

2008 – War on Terror in Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, and Yemen

2009 – War on Terror in Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, and Yemen

2010 – War on Terror in Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, and Yemen

2011 – War on Terror in Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, Somalia, and Yemen; Conflict in Libya (Libyan Civil War)

Isaac Davis is an outspoken advocate of liberty and an honest society from the top down. He is a contributing writer for WakingTimes.com. Follow him on Facebook, here.

Sources:

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article2320.htm
    http://www.loonwatch.com/2011/12/we-re-at-war-and-we-have-been-since-1776/
    http://academic.evergreen.edu/g/grossmaz/interventions.html

The original source of this article is Activist Post
Copyright © Isaac Davis, Activist Post, 2015

Notice Regarding Copyrighted Material found on this site.
https://tinyurl.com/Copyright-Usage
http://dennisleewilson.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php?topic=89.msg224#msg224

In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, any copyrighted work on this site is distributed under fair use without profit or payment for news reporting, teaching, research, comment, criticism & educational purposes, which constitutes a 'fair use' of such copyrighted material.
Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing.
Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use.
[ Ref. http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml ]

Furthermore, whenever possible, copyright holders are attributed and no advertising fees have been charged for the publicity.

« Last Edit: 2015-December-23 10:54:32 PM by DennisLeeWilson » Logged

DennisLeeWilson
Creator of this site
Administrator
Forum/Blog Owner

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: 2015-December-23 03:09:00 PM »

More Endless Wars

http://www.seawapa.co/2014/01/the-nwo-british-dutch-empire-endless.html

The NWO “British-Dutch Empire” endless Wars System 1776 - 2014

DennisLeeWilson
Creator of this site
Administrator
Forum/Blog Owner

WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: 2016-May-05 08:38:51 PM »

The Cupcake Generation of Social Justice “Warriors” is leading the way back into total slavery. Instead of freeing men from the slavery of registering for the military draft, these Cupcakes are joining them in slavery!?!

It looks like the “Ultimate Generation” of which I wrote will have to wait a while longer.

Links to this page: ‘ ’  “ ”  ' '  " "
http://tinyurl.com/Cupcake-Generation
http://dennisleewilson.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php?topic=713.msg1928#msg1928

http://www.freedomsphoenix.com/News/196349-2016-05-05-mandatory-draft-registration-a-victory-for-women.htm?From=News

Mandatory Draft Registration: A Victory For Women?
05-05-2016 • https://www.youtube.com

Forcing young women to also register with Selective Service is, among some, being touted as some sort of victory for gender equality. Is forcing women into involuntary servitude for the state something a free society should take pride in? Where are those making the larger philosophical point that if we do not own our own bodies and time and lives, what kind of liberty do we have?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wkfK3qEH0w
« Last Edit: 2016-August-11 03:03:24 PM by DennisLeeWilson » Logged

DennisLeeWilson
Creator of this site
Administrator
Forum/Blog Owner

WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: 2016-June-05 10:17:40 PM »

Links to this page:
http://tinyurl.com/Muhammad-Ali-big-win
http://dennisleewilson.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php?topic=713.msg1942#msg1942

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/muhammad-ali-risked-it-all-when-he-opposed-the-vietnam-war_us_5751e545e4b0c3752dcda4ca

He chose his beliefs over his boxing career.
06/04/2016 12:56 am ET

Justin Block Associate Sports Editor, The Huffington Post

Muhammad Ali was one of the most famous conscientious objectors to the Vietnam War.

Muhammad Ali’s most famous act of social activism — one that would strip him of his best fighting years, cost him millions of dollars, forever alter his image and eventually send him into debt — began with one off-hand quote: “Man, I ain’t got no quarrel with them Viet Cong.”

It was March 1966, and the U.S. military was escalating its fight in Vietnam. It began substantially lowering its standards for the draft so it could conscript more men, and call up men with lower IQs for 1-A service. This meant that Ali, whose Army-tested IQ score of 78 had been too low for the draft in 1962, was now eligible for unrestricted military service.

The boxer, who died Friday night at the age of 74, happened to hear this news while surrounded by reporters, and in a classic, boisterous knee-jerk reaction — I ain’t got no quarrel with them Viet Cong — he set off a years-long cultural revolution.

For the most famous athlete on the planet to openly decry the war was, at the time, blasphemous. When he declared his apathy toward the Viet Cong, public support of the Vietnam War was at its peak — in the first three months of 1966, the war’s approval rating was over 50 percent, according to Gallup. Ali, citing his faith and membership in the Nation of Islam, refused service and said he was a conscientious objector.

‘The Greatest’s’ Greatest Risk

In a flash, Ali, already controversial for his conversion to Islam and name change from Cassius Clay, became one of the most hated public figures in the country. Nobody close to Ali’s level of fame had resisted the draft, and his seemingly flippant opposition to the war made him a target of ridicule from the public, the government and his sport. He’d spend the next four years battling for his beliefs in court instead of the ring, and after his 1967 arrest for draft dodging, all of his state boxing licenses were stripped. Ali’s boxing career was effectively over.

For a time, Ali continued to face public pressure to accept service. During his four years of court battles, he was given opportunities to recant, apologize and join the military in an entertainment capacity — to perform for the troops and cameras and show off his own signature persona. He declined, and some of his allies turned against him.

The Nation of Islam, the same religious group that anointed him Muhammad Ali, disavowed him for his style of active resistance, according to Dave Zirin’s A People’s History Of Sports In The United States. Jackie Robinson, an athlete and activist himself during his playing years and beyond, ripped Ali for disappointing black war veterans, and by and large, black soldiers agreed with Robinson: Ali was being too radical.

Ali spoke out about race relations and the Vietnam War across the country during his exile from boxing.

“He’s hurting, I think, the morale of a lot of young Negro soldiers over in Vietnam,” Robinson said. “And the tragedy to me is, Cassius has made millions of dollars off of the American public, and now he’s not willing to show his appreciation to a country that’s giving him, in my view, a fantastic opportunity.”

But to Ali, that “fantastic opportunity” was a death sentence, and moreover, representative of the white aristocracy’s use of poor, often black Americans to fight the war for them.

The government had a system where the rich man’s son went to college, and the poor man’s son went to war,” he said.

Anyone who immediately came to Ali’s defense put themselves in danger. In A People’s History Of Sports In The United States, writer Jerry Izenberg recalled receiving bomb threats and tons of hate mail because he was willing to hear Ali out in the early days of his service refusal. But in most of the media, nastiness prevailed. Unlike Izenberg, famous sportswriters like Red Smith and Jim Murray were calling Ali a “punk” and “the white man’s burden.”

Americans Rally Around Ali

Ali wasn’t alone for long in his anti-war stance. While his legal case continued, he kept up his anti-war rhetoric, based on arguments against the systematic classism and racism decried by the civil rights movement of the 1960s. His stump speech was simple, but powerful and impassioned: I won’t be used by powerful white men as a tool to kill other people who are fighting for their own beliefs and freedoms, and neither should you, especially if you’re poor and/or black.

The longer Ali remained free, the lower the war’s approval ratings dove. Per Gallup, they immediately began to slip after Ali’s “I ain’t got no quarrel” comment. A month after that line hit the press, support for the war slipped below 50 percent for the first time. Two months after Ali was convicted for draft dodging in June 1967, only 27 percent of Americans approved of the war — the lowest point during President Lyndon B. Johnson’s administration. Ali even implored Martin Luther King Jr. to speak out against the war.

Ali couldn’t legally fight, but he could still train.

By the summer of 1967, many Americans, particularly black Americans, were now all-in on Ali. His courage and masterful promotion of his ideas (after all, this is the athlete who embodied self-promotion) helped the civil rights movement move forward and the war’s popularity sink.

In 1968, with his court case under appeal, Ali found himself in grave financial debt. To earn money in lieu of the millions he could’ve been making boxing, he began giving hundreds of speeches at college campuses, to young audiences that would make up the vehement anti-war movement. Ali solidified himself as a peace-maker and the counter-culture icon young Americans yearned for.

After years of appeals, the Supreme Court overturned Ali’s conviction in June 1971. By then, states had begun reinstating his boxing license. His view of the war became America’s view of the war, and people were ready to see their hero back in the ring. And after three and a half years, he returned, beating Jerry Quarry in October 1970 in Atlanta.

Ali’s Unmatched Athlete Activism

All told, Ali’s significant career sacrifice and what it stood for radiated across the country, and no athlete has had such a marked social impact since. Fifty years after Ali said he had no quarrels with the Viet Cong, professional athletes still speak out admirably on social issues — most notably, LeBron James wore an “I Can’t Breathe Shirt” in December 2014 to support Eric Garner protesters — but they don’t really face the risks Ali did.

While still important, symbolism is usually as far as today’s athletes are willing to go to make a political point.

Today’s brand-focused, business-like athletes generally choose to make ornamental political statements with T-shirts, playing accessories and social media posts, and not to put their careers on the line with their activism.

Simply put, there’s too much money at stake in today’s modern sports culture. Choosing to sacrifice nearly four years of one’s career seems unthinkable, no matter the cause. The peak time for professional athletic performance is between 25 and 27 years old, and that’s when star athletes receive their largest contracts. Ali was sidelined for that period of his life.

Late civil rights movement leader Stokely Carmichael perhaps put it best, as quoted in Zirin’s book:

• Of all the people who opposed the war in Vietnam, I think that Muhammad Ali risked the most. Lots of people refused to go. Some went to jail. But no one risk as much from their decision not to go to war in Vietnam as much as Muhammad Ali. And his real greatness can be seen in the fact that, despite all that was done to him, he became even greater and more humane.

His humanity — that’s where Ali’s true greatness lies. Sports fans can say we were robbed of Ali’s true prime, but society gained something much better: a leading voice against the class and race issues that intertwined with one of the deadliest foreign wars in U.S. history.

Read More:

Muhammad Ali, Boxing Legend And Anti-War Icon, Dies At 74
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/muhammad-ali-dies-dead_us_56419b06e4b0b24aee4bacb3?g5njwot7dmfgvi

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/muhammad-ali-risked-it-all-when-he-opposed-the-vietnam-war_us_5751e545e4b0c3752dcda4ca?cokamt2hh9ztzkt9

Watch Muhammad Ali’s Perfect Response To ‘Not All White People Are Racist’ — In 1971
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/muhammad-ali-on-not-all-white-people_us_563a5e9ee4b0307f2cabb2e6

So often reaction to people of color who call out racism, be it police brutality or job discrimination, is the “not all white people“ argument. Like “not all men,” this defense is used to derail conversations about racism by reminding people of color that some white people are “good,” and that not all white people are actually racist. It’s a frustrating argument because it completely dismisses the lived experiences of people of color, and oversimplifies how racism actually affects us.

In a clip from a 1971 interview on the British chat show Parkinson (above) that’s now gone viral on Tumblr, boxing icon Muhammad Ali perfectly explains why the existence of some “good” white people isn’t always enough:

• There are many white people who mean right and in their hearts wanna do right. If 10,000 snakes were coming down that aisle now, and I had a door that I could shut, and in that 10,000, 1,000 meant right, 1,000 rattlesnakes didn’t want to bite me, I knew they were good... Should I let all these rattlesnakes come down, hoping that that thousand get together and form a shield? Or should I just close the door and stay safe?

Allies are obviously appreciated and vital to stopping racial injustice, but Ali’s words are still a pretty powerful reminder of the reality of being black in America. It’s pretty amazing, if unfortunate, that over 40 years later his words still resonate.

Celebrities Remember Muhammad Ali With Heartfelt Tributes
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/celebrities-mourn-muhammad-ali_us_5752d740e4b0ed593f148d7c?ir=Entertainment&section=us_entertainment&utm_hp_ref=entertainment

5 Stories You Didn’t Know About Muhammad Ali
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/5-stories-you-didnt-know-about-muhammad-ali_us_5752ef00e4b0eb20fa0e12e7?goziwwvqh3l680k9

This Is How Muhammad Ali Wanted To Be Remembered
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/how-muhammad-ali-wanted-to-be-remembered_us_5752e6a2e4b0ed593f148e2b

Prince Barely Kept His Cool The First Time He Met Muhammad Ali
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/prince-barely-kept-his-cool-the-first-time-he-met-muhammad-ali_us_5752cc11e4b0ed593f148b5c?utm_hp_ref=black-voices

Don’t Let Muhammad Ali’s Story Get Whitewashed
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/muhammad-ali-reparations_us_575309c6e4b0c3752dcdd07f?q5bv4fnm9enftdfgvi

The Exact Moment Muhammad Ali Silenced His Critics
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/muhammad-ali-critics-greatest_us_57532ef1e4b0eb20fa0e2686??ir=Black+Voices&section=us_black-voices&utm_hp_ref=black-voices

Unforgettable Images of Muhammad Ali
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/muhammad-ali-risked-it-all-when-he-opposed-the-vietnam-war_us_5751e545e4b0c3752dcda4ca?slideshow=true#gallery/55d490dfe4b055a6dab22ac2/0

Former Cleveland Browns Hall of Fame running back Jim Brown (center right) presides over a meeting of top African-American athletes on June 4, 1967, showing support for boxer Muhammad Ali's (center left) refusal to fight in Vietnam.

« Last Edit: 2016-June-05 11:59:04 PM by DennisLeeWilson » Logged

DennisLeeWilson
Creator of this site
Administrator
Forum/Blog Owner

WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: 2016-August-11 03:22:40 PM »

Rothbard on Equality & Military Conscription (The Draft)
Links to this page: ‘ ’  “ ”  ' '  " "
http://dennisleewilson.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php?topic=713.msg1956#msg1956

“The only equality that can be achieved in the world, hence the only rational concept of equality, is equality in liberty.”
 ~ Murray Rothbard

Murray Rothbard:
Never a Dull Moment: A Libertarian Look at the Sixties

• In 1966 when Robert LeFevre of the Freedom School contacted
    Murray Rothbard to write a syndicated newspaper column for the School’s Pine Tree
    Features,
    Rothbard eagerly took up the task.

Abolish Slavery!
Part I thru VII

The rational course, therefore, is to cheer when anyone escapes the
draft and to call for its abolition, not to try to make everyone suffer “equally.”
The only equality that can be achieved in the world, hence the only
rational concept of equality, is equality in liberty.

Continued at
http://dennisleewilson.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php?topic=751.msg1957#msg1957

Also, for a glimpse at how Military Conscription Totalitarianism works in the USA:

The Case of John Milton Ratliff

Ever since I was a little tot, General Lewis B. Hershey has been in
charge of that selective slavery system known as the draft . The
man seems ageless and, as in the case of that other seemingly Indispensable
Man, J. Edgar Hoover, General Hershey’s retirement
rights were waived for the greater good of us all, and he rolls on, presumably
immortal, ever calling out his creed of Draft ’Em All. The latest effusion
of our Simon Legree was to urge the local draft boards to draft those
youngsters who interfere with the workings of the Selective Service System.

There is good ground to think that this edict is unconstitutional, since
we are all supposed to be equal before the law, and the draft system is not
supposed to be able to single out anyone it does not like for punishment.

But, in its wisdom, the Selective Service System has gone beyond the
simple draft of those who illegally interfere with the draft process; it has
now proceeded onward to drafting someone because, and only because, he
is a member of an anti-war, anti-draft organization. If this act is allowed to
stand, freedom of speech or of opposition to government policies in this
country will be but a mockery.

Here is the story: On November 13, 1967, Local Board No. 76 of Tulsa,
Oklahoma sent a letter to Mr. John Milton Ratliff of Norman, Oklahoma.
It told Mr. Ratliff , a freshman at the University of Oklahoma, that it was
rescinding his 2-S (student deferment) classification and classifying him
1-A, because the Selective Service regulations provide a 2-S for anyone
whose “study is found to be necessary to the maintenance of the national
health, safety or interest.” The local board then added that is “did not feel
that your activity as a member of SDS (Students for a Democratic Society,
an anti-war, anti-draft organization) is to the best interest of the U.S. government.”

So now it is not just illegal activity, but any determined opposition to
U.S. policies that makes one subject to conscription. How can free speech
be said to exist when this sort of oppression goes on?

Lt. Col. Charles Humphrey, manpower specialist at the Oklahoma Selective
Service headquarters, conceded to reporters that Ratliff ’s reclassification
was due to his anti-war activities. “You’re aware of General Hershey’s
statement,” he told a reporter. “He said because of their activities
maybe they shouldn’t be deferred and maybe we should look at it. So that’s
what the boards are doing.”

So maybe we should take a look at the conscription system!
« Last Edit: 2016-August-14 04:32:05 PM by DennisLeeWilson » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: