DennisLeeWilson
2017-March-27 07:27:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Click here for my public PGP key   Google Translate   Wikipedia Comparison of Language Translator programs   I use Firefox browser & add-on called "Google Translator for Firefox"
“I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past.” ~Thomas Jefferson
“Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge has its limitations, while imagination has no limits.” ~Albert Einstein
I love Arizona, I loathe its intrusive governments, especially the City of Phoenix.

“The 'Greatest Generation' is the one that ABOLISHED the USA military draft.”
~Dennis Wilson, Arizona writer

Brainstorming!! Give it a try!   Subject Index to my Published Articles
Creative Commons vs Copyright Notice  Disclaimer

Donations? Hell, NO!*

Because robo-spammers outnumber real people by 20 to 1, you MUST register to post AND your membership MUST be approved.
SEND EMAIL with YOUR comments or a posting to Admin (at) DennisLeeWilson.com to prove that you are NOT an automaton.
Sure. It is a bother. But you only have to do it once to become a member. And you don't have to wade thru the spam.

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It is 2015, WHERE is the FORTH machine?  (Read 1999 times)
DennisLeeWilson
Creator of this site
Administrator
Forum/Blog Owner

Existence exists & Man's mind can know it.

WWW Email
« on: 2015-July-16 07:59:32 PM »

It is 2015, WHERE is the FORTH machine?
Links to this post:
http://dennisleewilson.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php?topic=717.msg1763#msg1763

It is 2015, WHERE is the FORTH machine?

“I am using a Lemote Yeelong, a netbook with a Loongson chip and a 9-inch display. This is my only computer, and I use it all the time. I chose it because I can run it with 100% free software even at the BIOS level.
To initialize the machine and boot, it uses PMON. Above that, it uses gNewSense, one of the totally free GNU/Linux distros.”

http://richard.stallman.usesthis.com/

#gnu #rms #richardstallman #lemote #gnewsense

Yeah, I know. A bunch of scientist dropped one on a comet, but I cannot reach that far.

And what about that Raspberry Pi? It is in its 3rd iteration!! Sure I "could" load FORTH onto one, but really now.

WHERE IS THE FORTH MACHINE RUNNING A FORTH CHIP? Is the Raspberry not an inspiration to some entrepreneur?

Am I missing something that already exists? (JEEZ, I certainly hope so.)

Dennis

Objectivist & Sovereign Individual
Creator of Atlas Shrugged Celebration Day & Artemis Zuna Trading Post
Signatory: Covenant of Unanimous Consent
DennisLeeWilson
Creator of this site
Administrator
Forum/Blog Owner

Existence exists & Man's mind can know it.

WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: 2015-July-18 10:53:42 PM »

josven2001
Jul 17 5:13 AM
Hi Dennis,

When I read https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/windows-10-for-iot/ then it is perhaps possible to run Win32Forth in the future on a Raspberry Pi
At this moment I am able to run Gforth on my Raspberry Pi for my light system.
It even uses multiple threads and a webserver in the background.
Jos

Objectivist & Sovereign Individual
Creator of Atlas Shrugged Celebration Day & Artemis Zuna Trading Post
Signatory: Covenant of Unanimous Consent
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: